Pop Stars Make Up Nearly One-Third Of 2019 RodeoHouston Concert Line-Up
The star power at this years' Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo is unbelievable. One of the most impressive things about the line-up is the number of pop stars that will be on stage during the 2019 RodeoHouston concerts.
Now when I hear that there's going to be a concert associated with a major rodeo, I default to thinking it's going to be a country act. Most of the time this is true because to me, pop music doesn't scream rodeo! However, music is universal and there's been quite a few country artists making waves on the pop charts as of late - Maren Morris with Zedd, Bebe Rexha with Florida Georgia Line, Kelsea Ballerini with The Chainsmokers, Dan + Shay - and those are the most current. But when the concert lineup was released for this years' big Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo I was blown away by the number of big time pop stars that will be entertaining the crowds after the rodeos in Houston's NRG Stadium February 25th - March 17th.
Joel Cowley, Rodeo president and CEO says,
Though the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo remains deeply rooted in country music, we are also proud to be a part of our wonderfully diverse community. As such, we are excited to present a wonderfully diverse and talented 2019 lineup that will welcome 12 newcomers to the rotating stage."
Pop artists that will be appearing this year include:
- Cardi B
- Panic! At The Disco
- Camila Cabello
- Kings Of Leon
As expected there will be some of country music's new comers, staples and of course royalty performing as well. The complete line-up looks like this:
- Monday, February 25th Kacey Musgraves
- Tuesday, February 26th Prince Royce
- Wednesday, February 27th Brooks & Dunn
- Thursday, February 28th Luke Bryan
- Friday, March 1st Cardi B
- Saturday, March 2nd Turnpike Troubadours
- Sunday, March 3rd Panic! At The Disco
- Monday, March 4th Old Dominion
- Tuesday, March 5th Camila Cabello
- Wednesday, March 6th Luke Combs
- Thursday, March 7th Tim McGraw
- Friday, March 8th Zedd
- Saturday, March 9th Kane Brown
- Sunday, March 10th Los Tigres del Norte
- Monday, March 11th Zac Brown Band
- Tuesday, March 12th Kings of Leon
- Wednesday, March 13th Santana
- Thursday, March 14th Chris Stapleton
- Friday, March 15th Cody Johnson
- Saturday, March 16th Brad Paisley
- Sunday, March 17th George Strait with special guests Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen
The line-up is impressive! Tickets for all dates will go on sale Thursday, January 10th at 10 a.m. at rodeohouston.com.
Time to start planning your road trip now!